Just to state the obvious…..
- You must be pre-booked before your arrival. No gawkers or sticky beaks please (for the privacy of our current campers). Once you book the site, it is yours and yours alone. We will also take a record of your names and license plates.
- Fires are only permitted within the fire-pits, and plenty of fire wood is available at each of the sites. Do not collect wood from the forest, as this is part of the habitat of wild animals. Of course, be responsible for your fire, extinguish it when you no longer need it and please don’t make it larger than necessary, as it will affect nearby trees.
- Pets are not permitted at Sheoak Ridge. Sorry, but there are no exceptions. This is a wildlife reserve and priority is given to the native wildlife.
- Noise must be kept to a minimum as respect to the caretakers in the residence (~300m from the camp site through dense vegetation) and for the wildlife. Please enjoy the natural sounds all around you. This is not a ‘party’ bush camp, but rather one for nature lovers. The bird life around the camping area is incredibly diverse.
- Arrival is any time after 12noon and please be packed up and head out before 11am.
- What comes in with you goes out with you. No caravan toilet or rubbish disposal available (nearest dump point is the free Mareeba shire council camping area 1km north of Mt Molloy). A composting toilet is on site for campers to use.
- All campers acknowledge they are camping at their own risk. Children must be supervised as there are billabongs, a creek and dams surrounding the camp area.
Link back to bush camping page